Friday, April 8, 2011

Have Mixer, Will Travel


One of the young mothers in our ward asked if I would teach her how to make rolls when she gets a mixer. I remember that stage of life well -- a long list of needs and another list of wants. It could be a long time before those "wants" make it to the top of the list. Since Randy has been out of the country all week, I offered to bring my mixer to her home for a lesson. I also offered to let her use my mixer in the future until she is able to get one of her own. One of her friends joined us and I so enjoyed being with them and feeling their great energy and enthusiasm for life. I think we made about 40 dinner rolls and 20 sweet rolls. I resisted eating one until I left. I took a sweet roll "for the road." It was the perfect amount to satisfy myself, but right now I really wish I had another one. Dang they are good!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hi, Aunt Judy! This is Holly (Ence). Although I never comment, I am a regular reader of your blog. This post made me salivate to the point that I just had to comment. Recently I had been thinking about Grandma coming to our house and making sweet rolls that were so delicious. When I asked Mom what recipe she used to make them, she wasn't sure. So, I am wondering if you use Grandma's sweet roll recipe to make your sweet rolls, and, if you do, could you please email it to me (mrscwhansen at hotmail dot com)? Or, if you don't use her recipe, you could send me any yummy recipe you might have. I would really like to start making sweet rolls. Thanks so much! Keep the blog posts coming because I sure do enjoy reading them (even if I don't comment)!

Mama Williams said...

I would love a lesson the next time you're in town!

Aprilyn said...

Can you travel to Missouri? I had a Bosch mixer, but it broke. I think it might have been my Mom's old mixer. It looked like hers.