Tuesday, April 19, 2011

He Is Risen!


A few years ago I learned about an Easter custom in Greece. Beginning on Easter and for the forty days following, people give up the traditional greeting of "Hello," or "Good Morning," and replace it with "He is Risen." The person who is greeted then responds, "It is True!" In a society where "true" Easter lasts a few split seconds until the Easter baskets are discovered, wouldn't it be nice to lengthen that celebration out a little. I think I'm going to make it a tradition to study the Atonement for 30 days prior to Easter and then remind those I greet that "He is Risen" for forty days after Easter. It won't be an easy habit to establish, so call me after Easter so I can practice.

1 comment:

La Asistente said...

You are a true believer. Thanks for these Easter posts.