Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Connecting


Who would have thought that a woman my age would want to start a blog?! Most of the blogs I've read are written by people with quintuplets, conjoined twins, a brain tumor, or an amazing career. I'm just a "stay at home" grandmother who loves "staying connected." Over the years I've saved copies of all the letters I've written clear back to 1964. They are stored chronologically in three ring binders. They are filled with the minutia of my daily life, the births of our children, love letters to my husband, missionary experiences, lessons learned through church service, the frustrations of mothering, and the blessings so lovingly given to us by our Heavenly Father. My family knows that they are the #1 thing to be rescued from our home, even before our photo albums (especially because we store all negatives and digital backups in our safe deposit box). I often pull out a particular binder to look for a certain piece of information and can easily spend an hour or two wandering down memory lane. And so, as we begin this New Year, I invite you to step into my life. I'd love to stay connected!

4 comments:

Quinn said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Britt said...

We're steppin' in...to your life that is. Yea for blogging!

I am Laura said...

Oh, I am so happy you are a blogger. It is a secret addiction of mine for a few years running now. Your kids will be so happy that you are doing this. I think it is a great way to keep a journal. Good for you. Hope you don't mind if this semi stranger reads your blog from time to time.

Aprilyn said...

I want to stay connected. I have some questions about mothering I need to ask you. I really struggle with my 3 yr old Marshall but I love him dearly. I wonder if you have letters from my mom in there.
You are a good example to me. I need to write in my journal more! I'm glad you got a blog!! If you click my name, it will take you to my blog. I forgot to put my blog name on my Christmas letter.