Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting Ready



Today's the day I've set aside to prepare for the upcoming quilt retreat. Look at all these fabrics just waiting to be cut into tiny pieces and then sewn together again. I find my mind imagining the finished quilts when I should be falling asleep.

Yesterday when I was at the fabric store I handed the clerk the sheet of cutting instructions to help me figure out how much fabric I needed. She looked at the sheet for a few minutes then looked up and said, "I hate you." That's not exactly something you expect a complete stranger to say to you. The look of shock on my face must have conveyed the need for an explanation. She added, "You're going to Bryce Canyon." Ahh, yes I am!

2 comments:

ellen said...

I hope you have SEW much fun!

Tiffany said...

Oh, how I wish I could come with you! Just yesterday I started planning what I wanted to do for Sarah's baby quilt. Unfortunately I won't have a week to work on it without interruptions. I hope you have a lot of fun, and I can't wait to see your finished quilts.