Monday, January 31, 2011

River Song

For several years I have wanted to post video clips to my blog, but I've never been able to successfully upload them. I had this great One to One at the Apple Store today and learned how to reduce the size of a video so that it could be uploaded. Now you'll probably have to watch video after video while I practice my skills. Poor things!

When our kids were little we spent a lot of time doing music. We did Suzuki piano, violin, and cello. Most of the kids sang with the Young Naperville Singers and we did a lot of singing with the Grubbs family -- firesides for temple missionaries, Christmas programs in Nauvoo, talent shows, singing in church, singing around the campfire, etc. Lots of fun and some pretty good music!

There is one experience that our children have never forgotten and which they all claim has "scarred" them for life. As part of an Oktoberfest celebration, an acquaintance who did PR work for a local mall offered to pay us well to dress up in our German outfits and stroll around the mall singing German Volkslieder. Now what is so embarrassing about that?!

Today they are all good singers and can put together a decent musical number almost impromptu. This was a quickie they put together for Bennet's Eagle Court of Honor. (BTW, Bennet made the sixth eagle in the family and has set a good example for the other nine grandsons). I think their voices sound good together, and why shouldn't they? They're genetically engineered!

3 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Judy! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing my cousins and Uncle Randy singing. I can't believe how tall Bennet is too. Beautiful singers. That must thrill Grandpa Peterson- I'm sure he was there in spirit.

Aprilyn said...

Can I put in a request now for a future Eagle Court of Honor? Nate is 12 and will be getting his Star rank at our court of honor this month. So...how about it? I wish it were possible. My Dad would fit right in with those singers. :)

I'm going to watch/listen to this over and over. Thank-you for sharing. I miss singing with the Petersons.

Aprilyn said...

Oh...by the way, I think he will be getting his Eagle in about a year. Put it on your calendars. :D I'm just kidding.