Saturday, January 29, 2011

What's the Rush?

Oh Man! Don't you just hate it when someone points out that you are wearing more than just your clothes? I'm tending Clarissa, Clayton, and Sarah today while Quinn and Tiffany try to buy a car. I had a few errands that had to be done this morning, so I left Grandpa in charge and promised to be back as quickly as possible. My last stop was the grocery store so that I'd be able to fix something for dinner tonight. I walked in behind a sweet older couple (older, that is, than I am). The woman pulled out a cart, then happened to look up at me. "Here," she said, "take this one. We're not in a hurry." "Oh," I said, "was it apparent from my face that I am?" She smiled and said gently, "Yeah, a little bit."

My mother always told us not to wear our feelings on our face. I know what angry looks like. I know what happy looks like. I know what sad looks like. But what does "hurry" look like?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Stress, often accompanied by huffy breaths.

Though I can't imagine you with either the stressed face or the huffy breaths!