Friday, March 14, 2008

The Bishop's Storehouse

This is my friend, Connie. She's helping me package up broccoli at the Bishop's Storehouse. About once a month I get a chance to help prepare the produce. I always enjoy myself. It would be difficult to find people more pleasant to be around than those who are serving others.


I seldom work at the storehouse without buying something for our own food storage. For a while they quit carrying the dehydrated refried beans. They may still not be available in some areas, but because we have a lot of hispanic people in our area they have started carrying them again. We were down to the last two #10 cans. One cup of the refried bean powder makes two servings. I think Randy and I have some serious bean-eating ahead of us.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

After all these years, I still hate beans! :) I've learned to tolerate them a little more though. I enjoy working at the Bishop's Storehouse. Everyone there is always so pleasant.

Mama Williams said...

Ooo what else do you love to eat? We are going to do dry pack canning Wed. I have never been. Any suggestions on what to store up on?