Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring?

So, I understand that today is the first full day of Spring. I keep seeing blogs with pictures of spring flowers popping up everywhere. I decided to go out and check out my yard to see how Spring was manifesting itself.


Not one shred of evidence. Nothing but dead dried-up winter kill that didn't get cleaned out in the fall. I did spend a couple of hours and cleaned out a couple of the beds so that if our temperatures ever decide to creep above forty anything that started to grow would be able to force its way through the mat of dried leaves and branches. And then last night, just for fun, Spring delivered us another surprise! Happy Spring!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I'm really ready for Spring too. We had snow earlier this week. I do enjoy the snow at first but now I'm just so ready for it to warm up so the boys can be outside more!!! Sending warm wishes your way..

Britt said...

I don't think I have ever longed for spring as much as I am this year. We got snow a couple of days ago and I wanted to cry when I saw the ground covered. It's snowing outside as I type but not sticking much. Is there a spring dance that we could all do?

ellen said...

Your Spring looks just like our Spring in Boston. I know it's around one of these corners...