Thursday, March 13, 2008

Grandma Judy's afghans

I just finished this baby afghan. I think it looks kind of masculine and not too foo foo for a baby boy. I love to crochet because it's kind of mindless and you can talk or watch TV while you're doing it--you know, multi-tasking. I think afghans aren't very useful, but I do think it is nice to have one when a baby is blessed, and especially nice if it was handmade by someone who really loves that child.

I decided last year that I would make enough afghans ahead that each of my grandchildren could have at least one to use when their babies were blessed. I have fourteen grandchildren and I'm already working on number seven. Who knows, perhaps I'll have enough made that they can have a different one for each of their babies.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ellen said...

You are a GREAT grandma! And, yes, I'm familiar with multi-tasking. :)

Aprilyn said...

What an awesome Grandma you are!! Those kids are sure lucky to have you!!!

I am Laura said...

Very pretty. I started to learn crochet in a crochet group a few weeks ago and I don't think it is mindless. I just keep starting the first line over an over again because the second one is too hard. Maybe if we ever see each other again you can sit down with me and help. The lady teaching me in the crochet group is not the best teacher. I love your blog!!

The Captain said...

Those are beautiful! I hope to someday learn how to crochet. Maybe when I graduate...

Mama Williams said...

I am amazed at all you do and all your many talents! Wonderful!