Monday, January 14, 2008

Rise All Loyal Cougars!

I am really not very good with technology. Whenever my kids are around I try to get them to help me with some little project. While Rob was home for Christmas he got tired of hearing my standard T-Mobile cell phone ring, so he offered to download something fun. I ended up with the Cougar Fight Song. I love it! Sometimes I call my own cell phone just so I can hear it again. I am a loyal cougar fan. I have wonderful memories of the years I spent at BYU. I am grateful that all of our children and their spouses have been blessed to go to BYU. For the past 12 years I've been involved with the BYU Alumni Association, serving on the national board of directors for the past four years. What a great time to be involved! Our board was very involved in raising funds, designing and building the new Gordon B. Hinckley center, which was dedicated last June on President Hinckley's 97th birthday. Randy and I were honored to have lunch with the Prophet that day and to have our picture taken with the First Presidency. This was President Faust's last public appearance. I love these great men. I'm grateful for the privilege of giving back (in a very small way) to an institution that has made such a difference in my life.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Britt said...

Go Cougs!

Aprilyn said...

I can't believe you were here so close and I didn't even get to see you. I have driven past that building many times taking Brian to school.
I remember when we still lived in Naperville, one day I was at the Monsons watching a BYU Football game. The Mitchells were there too and every time BYU scored, she would get up and yell "Whoopdedoo! The Gospel's TRUE!" It always cracked me up!

The Captain said...

Go Cougs! I'm about to graduate and that picture makes my heart proud. I love your blog!!!
Tenille Harrison