Monday, January 21, 2008

Meet Adam

This is our ten-year-old grandson, Adam. Have you ever seen cuter dimples?! Adam is so lovable and so loving. He loves to play with babies and is very thoughtful and tender with them. Adam can be a wonderful peacemaker. He doesn't like feelings to be out of sync. He offers to make really deep sacrifices to preserve feelings. For instance, once when he and Emily were at odds with each other I heard Adam, who was concerned about repairing feelings, say, "Okay, Emily, you can decide what kind of truck we're going to buy." The decision about that truck had been a special bond between him and his dad for weeks, and it would have required a heap of love and concern to cause him to make that offer.

Adam has had some struggles in his life. There are a lot of things that don't go well for him. But Heavenly Father is such a great Compensator. He has given Adam some wonderful gifts. One of them is skiing. Another is wonderful parents who have made incredible sacrifices to make it possible for Adam to excel at skiing and to see it as a special gift and something he can take pride in. Adam can now ski any double black diamond ski run in the state. His dad does his best to keep up with him. Adam loves ski racing!
Here he is before a recent Park City race visualizing the course.

He's out of the chute!

Go, Adam, Go! That's my grandson! Love that boy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

Wow. I didn't know you had a skiing expert in the family. He looks really cute and I do love the dimples. Is he Kristin's son? He reminds me of Kristen so I hope I'm right. :) I'm glad that you posted this because I don't know your grandkids and I would love to. Adam isn't much older than my own son Nathan. So, I really should get my act together and work on getting together with Kristen's family. I saw her at Costco one day and she got my phone number but I think everyone got busy. I know I certainly did.