Thursday, January 17, 2008

Recipe of the Month

This is my new favorite recipe for soup. I made this so many times during the holidays, and Randy never seemed to get tired of it. It is fast and easy.

Tomato-Basil Soup

3/4 cup onion, chopped
2 (28 oz.) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
2 c. tomato puree
4 c. chicken broth
2 t. dried basil
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream

Saute onion and butter. Add all other ingredients except cream. Simmer 10 minutes. Cool (if you have time) and blend in blender. Reheat and add cream. Do not boil after adding cream.
Note: If you don't have Italian style tomatoes, just use regular canned or bottled tomatoes and add the Italian spices (oregano, basil, and garlic).

We had it for dinner tonight. Yummm!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I think I'll make it this week. I need easy recipes that are good. Do you have any good crockpot recipes?? Thursdays at my house are getting crazier every week!!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you posted this recipe, Quinn and I love it, I hope to make it soon. Thanks again for all of the yummy food you made us over Christmas.