Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lunch

Last summer I lost about 15 pounds. I had a very boring diet--for breakfast a bowl of oatmeal, for lunch a chicken salad wrap, and for dinner a lot of talapia with zuccini. Of course, during the holidays I ate anything (and everything) I wanted. Now it's time to get serious again. One problem--grapes, which are a key ingredient in the chicken salad, are somehow between crops and, if you can find them, very expensive. So I'm eating my alternate lunch.

Start with a multi-grain wrap (made with flax it says on the package. Very good for you). One of these wraps has only 100 calories. You can get them at Costco.

Spread the wrap with peanut butter and then sprinkle with raisins or Craisins. It's a bit like eating "Ants on a log."

Add a half of an apple, sliced, and then sprinkle with roasted salted almonds.

Roll it up and enjoy with a glass of cold milk. It's satisfying and very filling. Even Randy likes them!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tristen said...

YUM!! That's my kind of lunch!

Tristen said...

YUM!! That's my kind of lunch!

Aprilyn said...

Hmm. I'll have to try it! I'm determined to lose weight.

ellen said...

I'm going to try them! They can be part of "my program".

Kristin said...

That sounds really good. And I must say...that soup and bread were DELICIOUS, and few things are these days...you were the delivering angel today.