Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Friendships

Christmas is over! The decorations are all down, the storage area is organized and clean, the Christmas dishes are all washed and packed away. The only thing left is the cards. Every year I say, "No one is going to send cards this year. People are too busy. It's too expensive, and no one got a card from us this year." We get so many beautiful cards. Often I'm so busy I don't have time to do more than skim through the letters. Occasionally we find one that got put into the basket without even being opened. BUT, the last thing I do each year is to sit down with the Christmas card basket and re-read every single card. I savor them! I check to make sure we have the correct address. I check to see if they include an email address or a blog. I study the pictures, and then I scrapbook them. Some of you are in my scrapbooks year after year. It's fun to go back and see how your families have changed. This Christmas Finale is a precious day to me because it's really true . . ."Seasons come, and Seasons go, but FRIENDSHIPS LAST FOREVER!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Mom--I just want to be you when I grow up. I saved our cards for years thinking I would be like you and scrapbook them, but eventually resorted to looking at them, smiling, enjoying and then tossing them. You are such a good friend.

Aprilyn said...

I will send you a Christmas card every year...maybe it will be late though.