Saturday, March 26, 2011

Earth Hour

I'm interested in looking around this evening to see if there is any evidence that people are observing "earth hour." The idea is that everyone should turn off their lights from 8:30-9:30 p.m. While I believe in conserving all of our resources all of the time, I do not consider myself to be a "green" person. The Lord created this earth. He knows all things from the beginning to the end. He knew precisely what would be necessary to sustain life on this planet until his purposes were fulfilled. I think He expects us to appreciate the beautiful world he has created and to take care of it, but I don't believe in global warming or that all the fuss about being "green" is necessary. Let's enjoy the beautiful creations God has given us!

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

I'm the same way Sis. Peterson! I think we should respect and take care of our earth, but let's not go crazy about it! I never believed in Global Warming, but having a Scientist for a husband helps me not believe it even more! :)