Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Music, You are a Friend to Me

Last night we spent another evening at the Chicago Civic Orchestra with some of our friends.
We all grabbed a quick meal at Panera Bread before the concert.
Orchestra Hall is always spectacular, and although I walked to the very top to take this picture, we sat in our usual seats behind and just above the orchestra. It was an unforgettable experience watching Esa-Pekka Salonen conduct the orchestra. But I received something yesterday that I enjoyed even more than the Civic Orchestra. Check out my ten-year-old granddaughter, Elise. I want her to play at my funeral too. I want my funeral to be a happy event, and I love "Millionaire's Hoedown," but unless Randy makes a whole lot of money in the next couple of years the whole "millionaire" thing just won't work! Better start working on a hymn, Elise.


2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like it was fun!

Tristen said...

This is fantastic!! Elise is so talented, i'm mucho impressed! WHEN on earth can you start your kids into an instrument so they can perform like that?? !! Wow! I'm so impressed!